Preventive health screenings involve check-ups, testing and patient counseling relevant in averting a disease, or detecting health problems at an early point when treatment is likely to be most effective. The screening tests find diseases before you have symptoms. LifeLine Screening is a renowned health services provider that offers affordable, convenient, and painless screenings.
LifeLine Screening offers three types of preventative health screenings:
- Ultrasound Screenings
Ultrasound—also referred to as sonography—is a technology that uses sound waves to show organs in the body. During the ultrasound process, a technician transmits high-frequency sound waves to a particular part of the body, and records the returning echoes.LifeLine Screening employs high-tech Doppler color flow ultrasound technology for the following:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Bone mineral density screening (for osteoporosis risk)
- Ankle-brachial index testing (for peripheral arterial disease)
- Carotid artery disease screening
2. Fingerstick Blood Screenings
This screening is crucial in identifying significant risk factors for diabetes and heart disease. You get your results in less than 10 minutes since LifeLine employs the use of FDA-approved instruments that are lab-accurate, and are used all over the country by other major companies and laboratories. The screenings involve pricking the soft pad of the finger to take a few drops of blood.You can also follow them on twitter : https://twitter.com/Life_Line
Also, LifeLine avails the following blood screenings:
- Glucose screening—measuring blood sugar levels to evaluate diabetes risk
- Complete lipid panel screening—measures both “good” and “bad” cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- Elevated liver enzymes screening
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein screening—to check for heart disease
3. Limited Electrocardiograph
To check for elevated risks of stroke, LifeLine tests for an irregular heartbeat by conducting an EKG. The technology employed here is quick, non-invasive, and doesn’t require you to remove any clothing.Since 1993, LifeLine Screening has offered more than 8 million health screenings. Most of the beneficiaries of these screening services boast of the many risks they evaded because they were able to detect the problem before it landed on them.