If you suffer from cancer, there are many treatment options available. However, they all fall into one of these categories:
- Surgical treatments
- Radiation treatments
- Hormone therapy
Doctors evaluate the condition of patients to determine which treatment is most likely to be effective. In addition, doctors generally use a combination of multiple treatments, and many patients choose to combine treatments with alternative therapies.
Alternative Medicine For Cancer Patients:
It is not possible to recover from cancer without conventional medical care. However, many patients find that alternative medicine reduces the side effects of conventional cancer treatments. In addition, patients often find that alternative therapies reduce their level of pain. These are some examples of alternative therapies that cancer patients have received benefits from:
- Accupressure: Accupressure can reduce pain that is associated with cancer and cancer treatments.
- Accupuncture: Accupuncture can reduce pain associated with cancer and cancer treatment.
- Herbal medicine: Some herbs can reduce nausea that is associated with chemotherapy. In addition, some herbs can reduce pain levels.
- Homeopathy: Many homeopathic remedies can reduce pain from cancer and reduce nausea.
- Nutrional therapies: Nutritional therapies can help the body to recover from cancer and reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Biofeedback: Biofeedback can help patients to control some forms of pain and nausea.
Spirituality And Support Networks:
Patients with a large support network are often able to recover faster than those without a significant support system. In addition, people who have a support system often have less anxiety during treatment. Spiritual services can reduce one’s level of anxiety, and many patients have reported that their spiritual practices reduced their levels of pain during treatment.